The Poudre River Trail provides a great opportunity to enjoy nature with long stretches of the trail being far from roads and civilization. Because of this, to enjoy the trail, you should come prepared!
- Bring Plenty of Water:
- There are only a few places along the trail with drinking water with long stretches in between. Bring along enough water for your trip along the trail.
- Drinking Water Locations:
- (Available in Spring, Summer & Fall)
- Island Grove Park at the far East end of the trail. Mile Marker: PT W-19.0
- Eastman Park on the Southeast edge of Windsor. Mile Marker: PT W-3.0
- River Bluffs Open Space on the far West end of the trail.
Other Items to bring:
- Trail Map Click Here for Map
- Bug Spray (Spring-Summer)
- Warm Clothing (Fall-Winter)
- Cell Phone
Things to Note:
- Take note of numbers on the red granite mile markers, in case of emergencies, this will help emergency services to locate you.
- Come prepared for the weather, rain gear, coats, hats...
- On hot summer days - it's best to visit the trail in the morning or evening to avoid the mid-day heat.
- Enjoy the trail....be safe!