Directions to the Poudre River Trail
The Poudre River Trail is located in Weld County in Northern Colorado. The trail runs in an east-west direction between Greeley and Windsor. It is approximately 50 miles north of the Denver Metropolitan area, just east of Interstate 25. There are multiple locations to catch the trail depending on from where you are coming.
Are you looking for a bike trail, a running trail, a place to roller blade or just a nice long walk? The Poudre River Trail makes a perfect day trip if you are coming from Denver or Cheyenne. It is very convenient if you live in Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, Brighton, Evans or other communities in Weld or Larimer County. It provides an excellent opportunity for a peaceful day away from traffic and congestion. The trail can be a great family outing that provides a fun educational opportunity for the kids and great recreational activities for people of all ages.
Coming from Interstate 25
- Exit going East at Exit No. 262 onto Highway 392 going towards Windsor
- Go East for 1.5 miles, turn left (North) onto County Road 3
- Turn right (East) onto County Road 32E
- The entrance to River Bluffs Open Space will be on your right in 0.25 miles
- Here you will find a shady parking lot, restrooms, a drinking fountain and picnic tables. The trail starts at the west end of the parking lot.
Coming From Highway 85
- Head toward Greeley on Highway 85
- Exit at 5th Street, going west
- Turn north (right) at 11th Avenue
- Turn west (left) at D Street
- Continue until just west of the Arena, at the stop sign turn north (right) onto N 14th Avenue.
- Drive north to the Bunkhouse building. Drive around the Bunkhouse to the parking lot behind.
- The Poudre River Trailhead is at the north end of the lot.
From within Greeley
There are several trailhead locations where you can catch the trail in Greeley. Click on the trailhead name for more details.
Island Grove Park
14th Avenue and D Street
Poudre Ponds Recreational Fishery
N. 35th Avenue 0.3 miles North of W. F Street
Rover Run Dog Park
5207 F Street
Via Sheep Draw Trail
Travel 2 miles north along Sheep Draw Trail from the Greeley Family FunPlex at 1501 65th Avenue at Two Rivers Community Park in West Greeley
Poudre River Ranch Natural Area
N. 71st Avenue
Poudre Learning Center
W. F Street and N 83rd Avenue
From within Windsor
There are many trailhead locations to catch the trail in Windsor. Click on the trailhead name for more details.
Kodak Watchable Wildlife Area
Highway 257 1 mile South of Eastman Park Drive
7th Street and Eastman Park Drive
Frank State Wildlife Area
1/2 mile South of Highway 392 on Weld County Road 13
River Bluffs Open Space
Larimer County Road 32E and County Road 3
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
CONNECT WITH THE TRAIL